The Birth Center care team at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center is the birthplace of more than 3,000 babies in Santa Clara County each year. As a Baby-Friendly USA designated birth center with a network of clinics, we provide a full range of care for all mothers and babies, including obstetrics, gynecology and neonatology.
Our high-risk comprehensive services include prenatal care, genetic counseling, prenatal diagnosis, obstetrical consultation, delivery and newborn care. When a pregnancy is determined to be high risk, we’re ready with the highest quality of care at our renowned Level IV NICU (most complex care/level) for babies who need more specialized care.
We’re dedicated to providing a comprehensive, culturally attuned, inclusive, friendly and family-centered approach to care for all mothers, babies, birth partners and families.
OUR BIRTH CENTER INCLUDES:
- Family-centered services with spacious private rooms to accommodate birth partners
- Childbirth and newborn care education
- Certified lactation specialists
- Culturally supportive services for mothers and babies of all backgrounds and orientations
- Skin-to-skin bonding with babies, mothers and birth partners
- Delayed cord clamping as a best practice