The Burn Center at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (SCVMC) follows the established guidelines of the American Burn Association (ABA) and practices in a multi-disciplinary team and patient/family-centered approach. As an adult and pediatric ABA/ American College of Surgeons (ACS) Verified Burn Center, since 2011, we offer the highest quality of care for all burn patients.
Our dedicated team of physicians, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, psychologists, pharmacists, social workers, case managers, and dieticians all work together to provide the best possible care to our patients. Using the latest in technology, skin substitutes, wound care products, and surgical techniques, SCVMC’s Burn Center is able to provide immediate and exceptional care to patients.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality care for each patient in a compassionate, respectful, and patient centered environment. And we strive to achieve the best possible functional and cosmetic outcome for each patient so that they can lead a productive and meaningful life.
DID YOU KNOW:
- The Burn Center at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center has been treating burn patients since 1970.
- It is one of only three regional burn centers between Los Angeles and the Oregon border.
- We service the counties of Contra Costa, Monterey, San Benito, Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, San Mateo and Alameda.
- This eight-bed intensive care and rehabilitation unit treats both adults and children.
- The Burn Center has been specifically designed for the care, treatment, and rehabilitation of thermal, chemical, contact, electrical and radiation injuries.
- The medical professionals at our Burn Center are committed to prevention, research, teaching, care, treatment, and rehabilitation of burn injuries.
For patient referrals, contact the Burn Center at (408) 885-6666.
For more information regarding the Burn Center or our services please contact Emiko Rivera via email or call (408) 885-6670.