Stop the Bleed
Would you know what to do if someone was injured right in front of you and began bleeding uncontrollably?
Stop the Bleed is the National Public Awareness Campaign that initiated by a federal interagency workgroup in the response of the Sandy Hook Elementary School incident. The purpose of the program is to provide individuals with basic skills they can take in emergency situations to stop life-threatening bleeding and save lives until additional help arrives. The concept is similar to teaching bystanders CPR.
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (SCVMC) Trauma Services provide FREE Stop the Bleed training to community, schools, churches, and businesses in Santa Clara County.
- 1 to 1.5 hours in-person class
- Include lecture and hands-on skills portions
- Receive a certificate of completion after participants demonstrate skills correctly
On completion, participants will be able to:
- Recognize life-threatening hemorrhage
- Demonstrate hemorrhage control, including wound packing using hemostatic dressings and applying combat tourniquet
To register or for more information, please contact