Salary & Benefits
Extremely competitive salary and benefits are provided to interns and residents at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center as a result of the collective bargaining agreement between the Committee of Interns and Residents (National Affiliate of Service Employees International Union - SEIU) and the County of Santa Clara.
Salary and Benefits for 2021-2022 year are:
- PGY1 = $67,498.08
- The County contributes 7.5% of an employee’s gross base salary towards a Deferred Compensation Plan
- Each resident receives an educational stipend ($1000) for educational expenses (e.g. books, conferences, travel to present research, etc.)
- Interns will receive an additional day's pay for a holiday worked (thirteen recognized county holidays)
- Interns shall be entitled to use up to twenty (20) days of sick leave per year
- Weekly meal allowance of $57 ($6 overage allowed)
- $24 dollars (plus up to $6 overage) goes on meal cards used for call-day meals, Friday pancakes, snacks, etc.
- The remaining allowance funds delicious catered meals from outside vendors for weekday educational conferences on Medicine rotations
- Free parking and mileage reimbursement for required away rotations
- In-hospital library and access to the Stanford Lane Library including all online journals, texts and learning resources (e.g. Up-To-Date, MD Consult)