Social workers are here to help you by providing crisis counseling and emotional support, as well as information and referral to community agencies.
Social workers can help with:
- Arranging for help at home after you are discharged from the hospital
- Information about financial benefits, community programs & agencies
- Housing options
- Available substance abuse treatment programs
- Abuse or neglect issues, including violence at home, and offer resources as needed
- Counseling about your illness or disability
- Mental health concerns
- Adoption information and child care options
- Information about funerals and planning
- Information about Advance Directives for Healthcare/Financial Affairs
- Employment and training information
- End of life counseling and support
If you or a family member would like to speak with a social worker while you are in the hospital, or even after you are discharged, please call the Social Services Department at 408-885-5504. You can also let your nurse or doctor know you would like to speak to a social worker. They can help you contact our Social Services Department for follow-up with you.